Baby showers are a time for family and friends to come together to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a new baby. It is a time to rejoice and bond over the excitement of a new life. In addition to enjoying food, drinks, and conversation, baby showers are also a great opportunity to play some fun and festive games. Baby Shower Games are a great way to break the ice and get everyone talking and laughing. They can also be a way to learn more about the parents-to-be and their plans for the new baby. And, of course, they are just plain fun!
When choosing games for a baby shower, it is important to consider the age and interests of the guests. You will also want to make sure that the games are appropriate for the occasion. Some games are better suited for adults, while others are better suited for children.
Top 10 Baby Shower Games
There are many different types of baby shower games to choose from, so you can find ones that are appropriate for the guests and the occasion. Some popular baby shower games include:
- Active games: These that get everyone moving, such as the diaper relay race or the left-right game.
- Guessing games: These games test the guests’ knowledge, such as guessing the baby’s food or baby animal.
- Party games: Party games are all about fun and laughter, such as Don’t say baby or baby shower charades.
- Craft games: These games allow the guests to create something special, such as the baby shower memory book or the baby shower t-shirt design.
- Quizzes and trivia: These games test the guests’ knowledge about babies, pregnancy, or the parents-to-be. Some popular examples include “How Well Do You Know the Parents-to-Be?” and “Baby Shower Trivia.”
- Name that tune: This game is a classic for a reason! Play some popular nursery rhymes or baby songs, and see if the guests can guess the name of the song.
- Diaper relay race: This is a fun and active game that gets everyone moving. Divide the guests into teams, and have them race to see who can change a diaper the fastest.
- Baby shower bingo: This game is a great way to incorporate the gift opening into the festivities. Have the guests fill out bingo cards with different baby-related items, and see who gets a bingo first.
- Pin the tail on the baby: This classic game is always a hit at baby showers. Blindfold the guests and have them try to pin a tail on a picture of a baby.
- Baby shower charades: This is a classic for a reason. Write down a list of baby-related words or phrases on pieces of paper. Have the guests take turns acting out the words or phrases for the other guests to guess. The guest who guesses the most words or phrases correctly wins the game.
Planning Baby Shower Games
When planning baby shower games, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The age and interests of the guests. If you have a lot of older guests, you might want to avoid games that are too active. If you have a lot of younger guests, you might want to avoid games that are too complicated.
- The length of the shower. If you’re only having a short shower, you’ll want to keep the games short and sweet. If you’re having a longer shower, you can plan for longer games.
- The prizes. Having prizes for the winners will help keep everyone motivated. The prizes can be anything from small trinkets to gift cards.
- A backup plan. In case some of the games don’t go as planned, it’s a good idea to have a backup plan. This could be a simple game like “Guess the number of jelly beans in a jar” or a more elaborate game like a talent show.
- The theme of the shower. If you have a theme for your shower, you can choose games that fit the theme. You could play a game called “Baby Shower Bingo” with pictures of ocean animals if your shower is ocean-themed.
- The space you’re in. If you’re having your shower in a small space, you’ll want to choose games that don’t require a lot of room. For example, you could play a game called “Diaper Relay Race” if you have a large space, but you might want to choose a different game if you’re having your shower in a small apartment.
- The personality of the parents-to-be. If the parents-to-be have a good sense of humour, you could choose some silly or funny games. If they’re more serious, you might want to choose some more traditional games.
Tips for Playing Shower Games
Here are a few tips for playing baby shower games:
- Read the directions carefully. This will help you avoid any confusion during the game.
- Be clear about the rules. Make sure everyone knows what they’re supposed to do.
- Be patient. Some games can take a little time to get going.
- Have fun! Baby shower games are supposed to be fun, so relax and enjoy yourself.
- Choose games that are appropriate for the guests. If you have a lot of older guests, you might want to avoid games that are too silly or childish.
- Make sure the games are easy to understand and play. You don’t want to have to spend a lot of time explaining the rules of the game to the guests.
- Keep the games short and sweet. You don’t want the games to take up too much time, or the guests will get bored.
- Have prizes for the winners. This will help to keep the guests motivated and engaged.
- Encourage participation from everyone. Don’t let a few people dominate the games.
- Be a good sport. If you lose, don’t take it too seriously.
- Be flexible. If something goes wrong, don’t panic. Just roll with it and keep the game going.
- Most importantly, have fun! Baby shower games are supposed to be fun, so make sure you enjoy yourself.
Must Read NEWBORN GIFT IDEAS: THESE ARE ON TREND
Additional Baby Shower Games
Here are a few additional baby shower games that you might enjoy to welcome your newborn:
This game is a fun way to test the guests’ knowledge of baby-related topics. Write down a list of baby-related questions on index cards. Have the guests take turns answering the questions. The guest who answers the most questions correctly wins the game.
This game is a fun way to get the guests’ creative juices flowing. Write down a list of baby-related words or phrases on index cards. Have the guests take turns filling in the blanks in a mad lib. The guest who creates the funniest mad lib wins the game.
Baby Shower Memory Book
Let’s get the guests involved by having each of them write a short note or memory about the parents-to-be. We can compile these notes into a memory book that the parents-to-be will cherish for years to come.
This is a fun and interactive game that the guests will enjoy. We can get everyone involved in the celebration by playing games.
When choosing games for your baby shower, it is important to consider the guests who will be attending. If you have a lot of older guests, you might want to avoid games that are too silly or childish. You also want to make sure that the games are easy to understand and play. With a little planning and creativity, you can easily plan a baby shower that is full of fun and laughter. So let’s get started today and enjoy the games!